Concurrent Resolution on the Budget for Fiscal Year 2018
TITLE V—BUDGET PROCESS IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Subtitle B—Other Provisions
SEC. 5206. ENFORCEMENT FILING IN THE HOUSE.
In the House of Representatives, if a concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2018 is adopted without the appointment of a committee of conference on the disagreeing votes of the two Houses with respect to this concurrent resolution on the budget, for the purpose of enforcing the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 and applicable rules and requirements set forth in the concurrent resolution on the budget, the allocations and list provided for in this section shall apply in the House of Representatives in the same manner as if such allocations and list were in a joint explanatory statement accompanying a conference report on the budget for fiscal year 2018. The chair of the Committee on the Budget of the House of Representatives shall submit a statement for publication in the Congressional Record containing—
(1) for the Committee on Appropriations, committee allocations for fiscal year 2018 consistent with title I for the purpose of enforcing section 302 of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 (2 U.S.C. 633);
(2) for all committees other than the Committee on Appropriations, committee allocations consistent with title I for fiscal year 2018 and for the period of fiscal years 2018 through 2027 for the purpose of enforcing 302 of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 (2 U.S.C. 633); and
(3) a list of programs, projects, activities, or accounts identified for advance appropriations for the purpose of enforcing section 5104 of this concurrent resolution.
H. Con. Res. 71, as Passed by the House
This section was not included in any form in H. Con. Res. 71 (115th Congress), as it was adopted by the House of Representatives. It requires the Chairman of the House Budget Committee to insert allocation tables for the Committees of the House to be used for enforcing the levels included in the budget resolution. These tables are normally included in the Joint Explanatory Statement of Managers that companies a Conference Report on a budget resolution. Since no conference was held, or was expected to be convened by the Leadership of Congress, this provision made clear the intent for these tables to be placed in the Congressional Record in the House and Senate by the respective Budget Chairs.
Chairman Diane Black fulfilled this requirement by inserting the following into the Congressional Record:
- Publication of Budgetary Material: Allocations and Aggregates (Cong. Rec. p. H8440) November 2, 2017
- Publication of Budgetary Materials: Advance Appropriations List ( Cong. Rec. p. H3064) May 2, 2017
[BCR § 010.43]