Concurrent Resolution on the Budget for Fiscal Year 1976
The first budget resolution for fiscal year 1976 was also the first budget resolution adopted by the Congress under the Congressional Budget Act of 1974. Under the terms of section 300 (CBA) and section 301 (CBA, as enacted), the Act provided for two annual budget resolutions.
CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET DETERMINATION
Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That the Congress hereby determines, pursuant to section 301(a) of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974, that for the fiscal year beginning on July 1, 1975-
(1) the appropriate level of total budget outlays is 7000 ,000,000;
(2) the appropriate level of total new budget authority is $395,800,000,000;
(3) the amount of the deficit in the budget which is appropriate in the light of economic conditions and all other relevant factors is $68,820,000,000;
(4) the recommended level of Federal revenues is $298,180,000,000, and the amount by which the aggregate level of Federal revenues should be decreased is $3,400,000,000; and
(5) the appropriate level of the public debt is $617,600,000,000, and the amount by which the temporary statutory limit on such debt should accordingly be increased is $86,600,000,000.
Passed May 14, 1975.
|Date||Chamber||All Actions Except Amendments|
|04/14/1975||House||Introduced in House|
|04/14/1975||House||Reported to House from the Committee on the Budget, H. Rept. 94-145.
Action By: Committee on the Budget
|04/30/1975||House||Measure called up by unanimous consent in House.|
|04/30/1975||House||Measure considered in House.|
|05/01/1975||House||Measure considered in House.|
|05/01/1975||House||Measure passed House, amended, roll call #173 (200-196).|
|05/05/1975||Senate||Measure called up by unanimous consent in Senate.|
|05/05/1975||Senate||Measure considered in Senate.|
|05/05/1975||Senate||Measure passed Senate, amended, (Provisions of S.Con. Res. 218 inserted).|
|05/06/1975||Senate||Conference scheduled in Senate.|
|05/06/1975||House||Conference scheduled in House.|
|05/09/1975||Senate||Conference report filed in Senate, S. Rept. 94-113.|
|05/09/1975||House||Conference report filed in House, H. Rept. 94-198.|
|05/14/1975||House||House agreed to conference report, roll call #205 (230-193).|
|05/14/1975||Senate||Senate agreed to conference report.|
|05/14/1975||House||House agreed to return measure to Senate.|
FY1977 H. Con. Res. 109 (94th Congress) 1st Budget Resolution