SEC. 603.898 CONSIDERATION OF LEGISLATION BEFORE ADOPTION OF BUDGET RESOLUTION FOR THAT FISCAL YEAR.
(a) Adjusting Section 899 Allocation of Discretionary Spending.—If a concurrent resolution on the budget is not adopted by April 15, the chairman of the Committee on the Budget of the House of Representatives shall submit to the House, as soon as practicable, a section 602(a) allocation to the Committee on Appropriations consistent with the discretionary spending limits contained in the most recent budget submitted by the President under section 1105(a) of title [p. 324] 31, United States Code. Such allocation shall include the full allowance specified under section 251(b)(2)(E)(I) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985.
(b) As soon as practicable after a section 602(a) allocation is submitted under this section, the Committee on Appropriations shall make suballocations and promptly report those suballocations to the House of Representatives.
898. Section 603 is codified at 2 U.S.C. § 665b (Supp. IV 1992). Section 13111 of the Budget Enforcement Act of 1990 added what is now section 603. See infra p. 707. For excerpts from the statement of managers accompanying the conference report on the Budget Enforcement Act of 1990, see infra note 936 (at the end of title VI).
Public Law 97-258 repealed the section 603 originally enacted in the Congressional Budget Act of 1974. See “An Act to Revise, Codify, and Enact Without Substantive Change Certain General and Permanent Laws, Related to Money and Finance, as title 31, United States Code, ‘Money and Finance,’”; Pub. L. No. 97-258, § 5(b), 96 Stat. 877, 1082 (1982).
The original sections 601-605 and 607 were codified in sections 1105, 1106, and 1108-1110 of title 31. As originally enacted in 1974, section 603 read as follows:
five-year budget projections
Sec. 603. Section 201(a) of the Budget and Accounting Act, 1921 (31 U.S.C. 11), is amended—
(1) by inserting after “ensuing fiscal year” in paragraph (5) “and projections for the four fiscal years immediately following the ensuing fiscal year”;
(2) by striking out “such year” in paragraph (5) and inserting in lieu thereof “such years”; and
(3) by inserting after “ensuing fiscal year” in paragraph (6) “and projections for the four fiscal years immediately following the ensuing fiscal year”.
899. This section number reference is missing from the original, but the first sentence of the section makes clear the intent that this reference be lo section 602.