Budget Process Law Annotated (1993)
Budget Enforcement Act of 1990
TITLE XIII — BUDGET ENFORCEMENT
SEC. 13205. AMENDMENTS TO SECTION 303.
(a) In General.—Section 303(a) of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 is amended—
(1) by repealing paragraph (5),
(2) by striking “or” at the end of paragraph (4),
(3) by inserting after paragraph (4) the following new paragraphs:
“(5) in the Senate only, new spending authority (as defined in section 401(c)(2)) for a fiscal year; or
“(6) in the Senate only, outlays,”; and
(4) by inserting after “the concurrent resolution on the budget for such fiscal year” the following: “(or, in the Senate, a concurrent resolution on the budget covering such fiscal year)”.
(b) Exceptions.—Section 303(b) of such Act is amended—
(1) by striking “Subsection (a)” and inserting “(1) In the House of Representatives, subsection (a)” and by redesignating paragraphs (1) and (2) as subparagraphs (A) and (B), respectively; and
(2) by inserting at the end the following new paragraph:
“(2) In the Senate, subsection (a) does not apply to any bill or resolution making advance appropriations for the fiscal year to [p. 721] which the concurrent resolution applies and the two succeeding fiscal years.
[The BPLA did not include notes for this section.]
Sec. 13204 (BPLA)
Sec. 13206 (BPLA)