Title III—Debt Ceiling disapproval process
SEC. 301. DEBT CEILING DISAPPROVAL PROCESS.
(a) In General.—Subchapter I of chapter 31 of subtitle III of title 31, United States Code, is amended—
(1) in section 3101(b), by striking “or otherwise” and inserting “or as provided by section 3101A or otherwise”; and
(2) by inserting after section 3101 the following:
(b) Conforming Amendment.—The table of sections for chapter 31 of title 31, United States Code, is amended by inserting after the item relating to section 3101 the following new item:
“3101A. Presidential modification of the debt ceiling.”.
This section inserted a procedure for the expedited legislative consideration of debt limit increase legislation by the Congress. The terms were set forth in a new section 3101A of title 31 of the U.S. Code. Section 3101A indicates a procedure confined to dates for 2011, and so is no longer currently applicable.
Classification to the U.S. Code
This section is not separately classified to the U.S. Code.
- Budget Control Act of 2011 (Annotated)
- CRS – The Budget Control Act of 2011: Legislative Changes to the Law and Their Budgetary Effects (R43411) September 2015
- CRS – Budget Control Act of 2011 (R419651) August 19, 2011
- Senate Budget Bulletin 2A, November 2011
- Senate Budget Bulletin 2B, November 2011
- Analysis of Budget Control Act of 2011 (Peterson Foundation)
Legislative History Notes
Pub. L. 112–25, §306, 125 Stat. 251 (Budget Control Act of 2011)