CBA, as Enacted (Contents)
Congressional Budget Act of 1974
Section 902, as Enacted
Conforming amendments to standing rules of the Senate
Sec. 902. Paragraph 1 of rule XXV of the Standing Rules of the Senate is amended—
(1) by striking out “Revenue” in subparagraph (h)l and inserting in lieu thereof “Except as provided in the Congressional Budget Act of 1974, revenue”;
(2) by striking out “The” in subparagraph (h)2 and inserting in lieu thereof “Except as provided in the Congressional Budget Act of 1974, the”; and
(3) by striking out “Budget” in subparagraph (j) (1) (A) and inserting in lieu thereof “Except as provided in the Congressional Budget Act of 1974, budget”.
JOINT EXPLANATORY STATEMENT OF CONFERENCE COMMITTEE
The managers on the part of the House and the Senate of the conference of the two Houses on the amendments of the Senate to the bill (H.R. 7130) issued an explanatory statement of the legislation. This was included in a House Budget Committee print in 1975 after the bill’s enactment. It included the following description of this section:
Section 902. Amendment to Senate Rules
The Senate amendment made various changes in the Senate Rules. These are incorporated in the conference substitute. The amendments to the Senate Rules modify the jurisdiction of various committees in accord with the provisions of this act.
[Joint Explanatory Statement on the Committee of Conference on H.R. 7130; (Committee Print), Committee on the Budget, House of Representatives, 93d Congress, 2d Session, Washington D.C. 1975.]
Section 902. Conforming Amendments to the Standing Rules of the Senate.
Classification to the U.S. Code
This section was not classified to the U.S. Code.
Legislative History Notes
Pub. L. 93–344, §902, July 12, 1974, 88 Stat. 330. The Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 enacted this section into law.
Revision of title 31 of the u.s. code
Most of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 was classified to Title 31 of the U.S. Code but has since been transferred either to title 2 (The Congress) or to a revised Title 31. See the following for more information:
- Pub. L. 97–258, §1, Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 877
- Title 31 Revision and Codification Law of 1982
- Revision of Title 31
- Table on the House Law Revision Counsel Website.
(CBA, as Enacted)
(CBA, as Enacted)
[BCR § 172e]